Without a good landing page, all the time spent in SEO driving traffic to your website will be wasted since your site isn’t driving leads.
According to Hubspot’s 10 Quick Fixes to a Killer Landing Page, if your website is driving traffic of 5000 visitors a month with landing pages that converts 10%, that is about 500 leads. If you want to double that, it’s either you exert more efforts driving more traffic to your site, or simply double the conversion rate of your landing pages.
How to Boost Your Conversions on Your Landing Page
- Use a specific, valuable offer to entice visitors to fill out a form. Visitors are always thinking, what’s in it for me?
- Use a clear, killer Headline to layout your offer. Visitors want to know why they’re giving up their information.
- Have a bulleted list of specific benefits they’ll get from filling out the form.
- Use relevant images to reinforce the benefits.
- Keep the form short. Specifically ask to avoid asking too many questions. Avoid asking for age, address, or phone number.
- Keep your form or call to action button above the form.
- Use engaging text to your button on your form or call to action. Use verb that best describes the action you want your visitors to take. Keep button text between 2 to 5 words.
- Use pronouns to add personal touch. Based from Michael Aagard of Content Verve, adding a pronoun on the call to action increased clicks up to 90%.
- Colors of buttons are also crucial to drive emotions to the visitors to take action. Darker text on lighter backgrounds are evergreen classics while lighter text on darker background evoke strong emotional reaction.
- Button shapes can become a psychological driver that impacts users desires to click a button or leave a page. Traditional sites uses rectangular buttons, which reflects reliability and balance while rounded buttons creates soft, friendly and calming atmosphere. Make sure the buttons looks clickable or else no one will click it.
- Create sense of urgency. Some examples are:
Sign Up and Get 50% Off Today Only!
Download the Build Apps E-Course for $30 $10!
Register For The Ultimate PPC Webinar Now!
- Use icons or imagery to describe action to your button, some examples are floppy disk icon, or pdf icons for downloads or an arrow or a pen for registration.
- Keep the natural reading flow, western read top to down and left to right.
- Never force users to backtrack in order to click a button, CTA buttons should appear in appropriate places.
- Widen the whitespace between your copy and your button to help it stand out.
- Run A/B Testing like your life depends on it.
- Remove site navigation. Make your visitor focus only on what you are offering.
- Use an effective “Thank you” pages. Give your visitors something to do next to further push the engagement. Be sure to include social media icons so they can share your offer with their friends.
Template of an Effective Landing Page
Above the Fold
- Killer Headline/Promo
- Tagline about the offer
- Short form / killer CTA/Button
- Relevant Image
- Relevant Heroshot background / Color of the brand as background
- Details about the offer
- How to get the offer
- Find the Problem/Agitate the problem
- State the Benefits
- Give the Solution
- Trust Badges
- Supporting Headline
- Follow Up CTA/Button
All of the info provided can be your guide on how to build an effective and highly convertible landing pages. We also suggest that you conduct your own study as well to find out what works best for you. Remember not every solutions apply to all but everyone can test a solution to the problem than just leaving the problem unsolved. Leave us a comment if you want to share your feedback or contact us to start creating a landing page for your business today.